Monday, January 16, 2012

THIS IS FOR YOU MOMMA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Another January 17 breezes in and despite the prevailing situation in Nigeria, it is time to celebrate my Mother. I feel blessed that a wonderful woman of unputdownable virtue and unquestionable character is the one I have as a mother, my biological one. Momma's birthday in itself is a reason to celebrate and forget whatever mixed feelings I've had Nigeria for now.
It is a fact that everyone says their mom or dad is the best in the world. I can however say without any contradiction whatsoever that in choosing the best mothers, Iya Seye stands right in front of the queue. I cannot start listing the virtues that make her qualify but I know I am very demanding and I have just been careful not to judge every other based on what Momma is to my Dad, myself and my brothers.
She is the epitome of loyalty, something very scarce in the womenfolk nowadays. Momma is a planner per excellence. When the resources are in excess quantity, she manages it so well that when scarcity comes, you'll never feel it. I know, and can say that about her. She's always ready to give a smile, I mean a big smile.
I have learnt a lot of things from her and every single thing I have learnt has put me in good stead so far. Lessons that I have picked up from her life of sacrifice have been the basis for my way of life. I know times that Momma has sacrificed her happiness to make some people happy. It is from her that I learnt what living for people means. She has always done that with her resources, no matter how little.
I can never explain the level of loyalty she has shown to folks around her. Very loyal to Dad and her friends. I have even had cause to disagree with her on the level of loyalty to folks who are utterly disloyal. She just looks me in the eye, and tells me its a form of investment that has a way of coming back to one. And to be honest, it happens that way in most cases.
I have a very demanding Dad. Momma however takes it on the chin and makes sure she does whatever it is that her husband wants. She never sits when she's not satisfied with things around. She always wants her house neat. She is always putting things in shape and doesn't want things scattered. I learnt from her that even the minute details count.
For example, Momma hates her pot black. I can say with all pride that her kitchen is neat in its own way. She will not rest until it is perfect enough for her. My mother still does her laundries and that of her husband, and if you're washing when she is, she will help you out, in most cases. I get to ask myself what she is made of. A very hardworking woman, even Mother Eve would be proud of her.
So much to say but where do I start? I have said I will celebrate this one-in-a-kind woman while she lives and beyond because she is a rare one-a mother, a sister, a friend. I am short of words Maami and I do not think I can ever say enough, how I feel about you. I'm proud of you Momma, and I love you big time.
My prayers? Not very many. That you'll live long enough to reap all that you have sown. For you to live long enough to see us achieve what you have always dreamt for us. That I will, Yinka will and Nifemi will, marry wives that have all your positive attributes and more. That everything due you, every of your rights, will be delivered to you this year.
You'll age gracefully and in happiness and sound health. All your sacrifices will not be in vain. Right in the very presence of everyone who has written you off shall you rise to heights hitherto unexpected. Iya Seye, Aunty Vic, Sister Sola, igba odun, odun kan o. Happy Birthday Momma. I love you big time; and I love you more everyday. Hugs and kisses Mommaxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to appreciate ones mother so much, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete